I had concocted this recipe quite some time ago when I was having a hankering for some homemade Chinese (-style) food. So I whipped up this Sweet and Spicy stir fry. Why don’t you give it a try this weekend?
SWEET AND SPICY BEEF STIR FRY
What You’ll Need:
- Peanut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- Florets from 1 crown of broccoli
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
What You’ll Do:
- Heat oil in a wok or large, deep pan over high heat and stir fry the broccoli, onion, and bell pepper until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Remove veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a little more oil in the wok/pan, still over high heat, and stir fry the beef with the seasonings until fully cooked. Reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk the soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch together and add to the mixture to the pan and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low to allow sauce to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Add veggies back to the pan and toss until everything’s well coated in sauce.
- Serve hot over steamed rice or lo mein and enjoy!