So, it’s been a LOOOOOONG time since I’ve written in here and shared any recipes. It’s just been hard to keep a blog up when you work full time and have busy weekends spending time with friends and family. But I’m back and to make it up to you, here’s an indulgent recipe for my Creamy Steak and Mushroom Pasta, which I can’t even partake in right now, as I’m on a bit of a diet.
Make it, enjoy it and please feel free to tell me what you think! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb filet mignon cut into 1.5-inch cubes. (About 2 steaks…it may be a bit pricey but worth it, especially for this recipe)
- 12 ounces of sliced mushrooms: preferably a combination of cremini (aka, “baby bella”), oyster and shiitake.
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz tagliatelle pasta
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat melt the butter and sauté the steak until just browned on the outside, about 5 minutes. Do not over cook! Set aside on a plate and reserve. Reduce heat to medium. In the same pan, add the mushrooms and shallots and sauté until all of the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates. Keep sautéing until you start seeing “brown bits” in the bottom of the pan. Add the sherry to de-glaze the pan, scraping up the brown bits. Let the sherry reduce by half and then add the heavy cream. Continue to let the cream sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken and then add the steak and accumulated juices into the sauce, coating every piece. Let the meat warm through about 2 minutes and stir in Parmesan cheese. Toss cooked tagliatelle in the sauce and garnish with parsley before serving.